October 19-21, 2018 | 12 PM – 4PM
Practice performances will commence around 12 PM – 4PM Friday October 19
3rd annual show line-up will feature the USAF Thunderbirds, in what is sure to be a spectacular event. The Huntington Beach Airshow is free to the public with a large event footprint spanning Huntington City Beach from Seapoint to Beach Boulevard. Make it a day down at the beach and grab a bonfire pit to cook out while watching the show. Or grab a bite to eat at restaurants like Duke’s, Sandy’s that are right by the Huntington Beach Pier or Jack’s and Zack’sthat are right by the viewing area of the airshow. Parking will be available but is limited, and any frequent questions about the show can be found here. In addition, there will be RV parking and VIP tickets available.
Show center is located across Pacific Coast Highway- across from The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel. Anywhere along the beach north or south of this location will be a terrific spot to view the show.
- Beach guests should anticipate little to no shade. Bring a beach umbrella if you need a shaded area.
- Handicap seating area on the pier will be available on a first come first served basis. Please be aware that no transportation is offered from your vehicle to and around the airshow site.
- Yes, you can watch the airshow from a boat on the water. Boaters should refer to the US Coast Guard notice to mariners for further location information.
- Yes, you can swim and surf during the show, however, expect to only be able to swim in waist-deep water during the show time.
Parking will be available on a first come, first served basis around the city. Parking will be difficult to find and will increase to $30 per day. Hourly rates are available at the Pier Plaza lot and Main Promenade Parking Structure. Yearly and monthly pass holders will not be charged. Delays and queues are expected throughout the city due to the sheer volume of traffic anticipation. Guests are advised to leaved early and expect frequent delays or to seek alternative transportation to the show. Limited Uber drivers & Lyft drivers will be available. Biking or walking are suggested for those who live / are staying close.
VIP Tickets are available for purchase. Buy your VIP tickets here.
Note: Parking is not included in any VIP purchase.
Officially, the Thunderbirds are known as the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron.
- They perform 40 maneuvers
- 75 minutes air demonstration
- Thunderbirds air demonstrations is a mix of formation flying and solo routines
- The four-jet diamond formation demonstrates the training and precision of the Airforce pilots
- The lead and opposing solo aircraft highlight the max. capabilities of the F-16 Fighting Falcon
- Thunderbirds perform no more than 80 air demonstrations each year
- Thunderbirds officially activated June 1, 1953
- Since aircraft are only slightly modified, they can be made combat-ready in less than 72 hours
Pilots don’t fly without a checklist, why should you? Use this checklist of helpful tips to optimize your Airshow experience:
- NO DRONE ZONE
- Bring beach chairs or a beach towel for seating
- There is no schedule of the acts given out. The show is from 12 PM – 4 PM
- Practice performances will commence around 12 PM – 4 PM Friday, October 19
- Be prepared for traffic delays
- Obey all posted parking signs. The last thing you want after a fun day is a parking ticket.
- Hydrate, hydrate hydrate!
- Bring sunglasses, a hat, and umbrellas
- For more information, CONTACT (714) 536-5286
Original post published here
Photo by Jennifer Sharp