Well, it is almost time for our favorite yearly tradition, thats right, the Surf City Marathon in only a couple weeks away. You haven’t been training for 26.2 miles? No problem, there is also a half marathon, and 5K for you to choose from. Or if you have been relaxing with Netflix all year, maybe just come cheer for your neighbors. Here is what you need to know
Choose your own California Classic Oceanfront Adventure!
- Half Marathon
- Kids Cowabunga Beach Challenge
This spectacular oceanfront course is an exclusive Southern California favorite! Run by the famous Huntington Beach Pier and continue through scenic Huntington Central Park. Observe native surfers in their natural habitat as you hit the beachfront running path at Bolsa Chica State Beach.More than 2,000 volunteers and surf bands will be cheering you on! Where else will you get cheers from a surfer?
Event details and schedule
Saturday, February 3, 2018
Kids Cowabunga Beach Challenge – 1/2 Mile Obstacle Course
Waves beginning at 10:30 a.m.
Sunday, February 4, 2018
- Wheelchair Start Time 6:28 a.m.
- Marathon Start Time 6:30 a.m.
- 5K Start 7:00 a.m.
- Half Marathon Start Time 7:45 a.m
- USA Track & Field Certified
- Official Boston Marathon Qualifier – Fast & Flat
- Highest point less than 100′ above sea level
- Average temp at the start: 48 degrees
- Hydration Stations will have: • Water • Nuun Electrolyte • Clif Gel • Fruit
- Live Results with Athlete Alerts for your friends and family
- Finish Line Beach Festival and Sam Adam’s Sand Bar
Please visit us at www.runsurfcity.com for more detailed race information.